HR2401TS - Officer - Trade Services
IIG Bank (Malta) Ltd, established in 2010, is a licensed banking institution regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority. The bank's principal activity is international trade finance and trade services.
The Bank is currently looking to recruit an Officer Trade Services.
You'll be working in the Trade Services team within IIG Bank (Malta) Ltd responsible for the processing of all incoming and outgoing payment orders, import and export documentary collections and letters of credit as well as bank guarantees.
- Be responsible for supporting the operations of the Trade Services products including the creation and inputting all aspects of a trade services transaction such as
- Letters of credit drafting
- Letters of credit issuance
- Document Checking
- Handling of Documentary Collections
- Handling of payments under Letters of Credit and/or Documentary Collections and/or Payment Orders
- Handling of the required CDD and AML checking in trade services and other products lines as required by the Bank's policy.
- Liaising with Middle Office and the Risk Management teams to gather required documentation to draft, issue and amend Letters of Credit and to resolve any documentation, credit, regulatory or operational issues.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders (i.e. Relationship Officers, Middle Office and Risk Management) to gather required documentation in order that trade services products are handled efficiently and in accordance to the Bak's internal policies
- Ensure transactional due diligence is performed and any issues are escalated.
- Assist the Head of the Department in the testing of new products and product updates on the Bank's banking system.
- Ensure adherence to OFAC, AML, and any other regulatory compliance regulations. Ensure transactional due diligence is performed and any issues are escalated.
- Assist other trade services team members in processing Payment Orders, Documentary Collections and LC Issuances, LC Amendments and any other work-related duties to ensure that the team's work is completed in a timely manner.
- Filing of transaction documentation as per Bank's policy
- Handling queries and related activities in an efficient manner
- Willingness to learn a thorough knowledge of Bank products and services.
- Accurate and efficient data input capabilities
- Excellent attention to detail and proficiency
- A team player assisting others as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance or related fields preferred.
- While preferably, candidates should have 1 to 2 years' experience in another financial services institution, candidates who are currently working in another field or reading currently reading for a bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance or related fields will also be considered. On the job training will be provided to the right candidates.
- Attractive salary
- Health and dental insurance cover
- Performance based discretionary bonus
- Paid Car Parking space
- Home Loan interest rate subsidy
- Annual contribution towards a private pension scheme;
- Telephony expenses rebate.
All applications will be handled with strict confidentiality and are subject to our Candidates Privacy Notice.