HR2401RM - Risk Analyst
IIG Bank (Malta) Ltd, established in 2010, is a licensed banking institution regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority. The bank's principal activity is international trade finance and trade services.
The Bank is currently looking to recruit an Risk Analyst.
You'll be working in the Risk Management team within IIG Bank (Malta) Ltd responsible to identify, assess, measure, mitigate and report risks that the Bank faces whilst aiming to achieve its objectives. Effective risk management ensures the Bank's achievement of its objectives, whilst it helps to minimize losses, protects the bank's reputation, ensures the bank complies with all laws and regulations and safeguard the interest of the bank's stakeholders.
- Assist in the process of developing policies and procedures to deal with the identified risks and developing escalation processes and approaches to risk management across business activities and reinforce a risk control environment.
- Analyse corporate credit proposals which include both an analysis of the transaction structure and financial position of the Obligors and propose same for approval with appropriate mitigants where applicable.
- Conduct analysis on the financial statements of other financial institutions being proposed as a counterparty in the Bank's activities;
- Conduct country risk assessments/reports.
- Monitor the Bank's asset and liabilities portfolio and provide reporting to senior management.
- Assist with compiling risk management reports periodically.
- Assist with compliance and risk assessment on the Bank's counterparties.
- Preparing the data for operational risk reporting including the reporting on incident reporting, action plan and KRIs
- Internal Control Testing
- Liaison with other units and sections of the Bank for day to day business activity;
- Support the Head of Risk Management Dept to attain productivity and quality goals.
- Previous banking experience or experience in a similar role will be considered an asset;
- Analytical with attention to detail;
- The capability of working effectively in a team environment with minimal supervision;
- Good problem solving anddecision making skills;/li>
- Good influencing skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong Time Management and ability to meet deadlines;
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Positive attitude vis-à-vis the work, challenges and non-routine tasks.
- Experience using software packages such as MS Office.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance or related fields
- While preferably, candidates should have 1 to 2 years' experience in a similar role within another financial services institution, candidates who are currently working in another field will also be considered. Extensive on the job training will be provided to the right candidates.
- Attractive salary
- Health and dental insurance cover
- Performance based discretionary bonus
- Paid Car Parking space
- Home Loan interest rate subsidy
- Annual contribution towards a private pension scheme;
- Telephony expenses rebate.
All applications will be handled with strict confidentiality and are subject to our Candidates Privacy Notice.