HR2401MO - Senior Officer - Middle Office
IIG Bank (Malta) Ltd, established in 2010, is a licensed banking institution regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority. The bank's principal activity is international trade finance and trade services.
The Bank is currently looking to recruit a Senior Officer Middle Office.
You'll be working in the Middle Office team within IIG Bank (Malta) Ltd responsible in managing collateral risk in trade financing. The team also acts as coordinator between clients and operations for a smooth execution of the client requests.
The role covers trade finance products (bonds, documentary credit, self-liquidating transactional facilities) as well as risk participations facilities and inventory/receivable financing.
- Oversee the management of customer's positions and collateral of the various trade finance facilities - meticulously reviewing underlying contracts and shipping documents presented from clients for each transaction.
- Ensure strict adherence to approved facility parameters, credit policies, and other lending guidelines established for each client.
- Provide valuable support and feedback on the operational feasibility of monitoring requirements related to proposed facilities.
- Act as the primary point of contact for customers, offering effective communication and assistance.
- Conduct comprehensive end-to-end reviews and monitoring such as vessel movement checks and stages of collaterals (presold, unsold and etc) to ensure precise control of transactions from the receipt of the application to timely repayment.
- Responsible for handling, reviewing and verifications of the bank's security documents.
- Ensure adherence to OFAC, AML, and any other regulatory compliance regulations. Ensure transactional due diligence is performed and any issues are escalated.
- Filing of transaction documentation as per Bank's policy.
- Willingness to learn a thorough knowledge of Bank products and services.
- Possesses attention to detail and able to multitask.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills.
- A team player assisting others as required.
- Preferably, some familiarity with banking documentation, including facility agreements, loan drawdowns, trading contracts, and Letters of Credit.
- Positive attitude in dealing with challenging and difficult situations.
- Resourceful & willingness to work with clients / stakeholders for solutions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance or related fields preferred.
- While preferably, candidates should have 1 to 2 years' experience in another financial services institution, candidates who are currently working in another field or reading currently reading for a bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance or related fields will also be considered. On the job training will be provided to the right candidates.
- Attractive salary
- Health and dental insurance cover
- Performance based discretionary bonus
- Paid Car Parking space
- Home Loan interest rate subsidy
- Annual contribution towards a private pension scheme;
- Telephony expenses rebate.
All applications will be handled with strict confidentiality and are subject to our Candidates Privacy Notice.