HR2101COM - Compliance Officer
IIG Bank (Malta) Ltd, established in 2010, is a licensed credit institution regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority. The bank's principal activity is international trade finance with a focus on commodity trade finance.
The Bank is currently looking to recruit a Compliance Officer to join their team in St. Julian's on a full-time basis.
Main role duties:
- Assisting with the revision of the Customer/Counterparty Risk Assessment Forms, as required from time to time;
- Guiding staff with respect to any AML related queries;
- Reviewing, recommending and signing-off (as applicable) client account openings and client reviews;
- Performing due diligence checks on customers and related parties;
- Assisting with the setup, logic and testing related to the Bank's Anti-Financial Crime systems;
- Carrying out the day-to-day evaluation of system alerts;
- Updating of internal lists and incorporation of such lists in the Bank's system;
- Extracting the necessary statistical information from the Bank's systems for reporting purposes;
- Assisting with internal investigations as a result of customer triggering events;
- Assisting the Compliance Department with ad-hoc projects as may be required from time-to-time;
- Conducting country assessment reports;
- Keeping abreast with Compliance matters, including attending any relevant training sessions/conferences;
- Keeping abreast of any legislative and regulatory changes falling under the remit of the Compliance function, and discussing the relative implications with the Deputy Manager/Manager in order to determine whether such changes have any impact on the Bank's operations, and the actions needed.
- Minimum of one year of relevant experience working in a financial services environment handling Compliance matters primarily related to AML/CFT laws and regulations;
- Experience in other areas of Compliance is preferred however not a must since training would be provided;
- Meticulous and possess analytical skills;
- Must be able to perform independently and with minimal supervision;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to prioritise workload in line with deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
All applications will be handled with strict confidentiality and are subject to our Candidates Privacy Notice.
All fields are required. Only PDFs accepted. Max 5Mb per file.