HR2101IT - Officer - IT
IIG Bank (Malta) Ltd, established in 2010, is a licensed banking institution regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority. The bank's principal activity is international trade finance and trade services.
The Bank is currently looking to recruit an IT Officer to join their team on a full-time basis.
The chosen candidate will be forming part of the IT team of the Bank and will be reporting to the IT Manager. The candidate will be responsible for Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners. Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks. Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests. Providing technical support across the Bank.
- Hardware and Software administration and support
The candidate will be expected to provide first line IT support to the employees of the bank. Escalation of issues will be addressed to our 3rd party service providers as needed.
- Infrastructure administration and support
The candidate is expected to administer and support the IT infrastructure of the Bank. This work is always performed in conjunction with the 3rd party service providers of the bank.
- Windows & Linux server administration
- Support of Core Banking software applications
The candidate is expected to conduct the following:
- Communicate with the support team of the service provider any issues reported by the business users
- Install any fixes or updates as required
- Creation and Maintenance of Database reports (MSSQL)
- IT Security - Monitoring and Remediation
- Leading and Assisting the IT Manager in IT Projects
- Communication with 3rd Party Service providers
- Minimum - Advanced level standard of education in IT.
- Experience in a similar role will be considered as an asset.
- Familiarity with company policies and guidelines.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills in English.
- Good organizational and leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to learn a variety of job descriptions.
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure.
All applications will be handled with strict confidentiality and are subject to our Candidates Privacy Notice.
Interested applicants are to send their CV and covering letter to: [email protected]
All fields are required. Only PDFs accepted. Max 5Mb per file.